Thursday, September 1, 2016

Good Intentions

Sneak peek into the rainbow on the open shelving at the back of my classroom.

It has been about a year and a half since I posted in this blog. Clearly I need to do better at making this a part of my professional routine...

A lot has changed since I last posted and I hope those changes will make it easier to share awesome content here. I am teaching at a new school in the same city but the experience is quite different. For one thing, I only see students in grades 3-5. On top of that, the school is so large that I only see half of each of those grades. Our campus is broken up into 4 divisions but we operate as one tribe (says the branding). That means I actually work across the hall from another full-time art teacher, and on the same campus with more than 5 other visual art teachers. It has been incredibly rewarding to work so closely with creative people rather than seeing these folks a couple times a year at whirlwind district gatherings.

A professional goal that I have been developing since my last post is to create year-long curriculum plans for the grade levels I teach. With the support of my current school I have actually had time to work on these in a meaningful way. The next step in this process is organizing the resources that back up the units and lessons within these plans. I'm looking forward to creating a space that brings together all of the inspiring bits and nitty gritty details to execute my plans.

Next up: peek at my classroom and the organizational tools that keep the art room a more creative, less chaotic space!

Artfully,
Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment